Table of Contents
Instructions to read prior to installation
For safety reasons it is important to read the Directions for Use for Hybrid Typhoon before istallation of this equipment. In addition, the legislation in force at the time of purchase must always be considered in connection with the installation and mounting of this equipment.
The unit should be placed in frost-free rooms only.
Transportation of Hybrid Typhoon
For secure transportation of the unit, we recommend always to ensure, that the unit can not slide or tip. The unit might have to be secured with straps.
- Transportation of the unit only in upright position.
- In case the unit is moved at a temperature of approx or below 0°C (32°F), you must always make sure that the the unit has been fully emptied for water. If this is not the case, you may damage the unit.
Water connection Hybrid Typhoon
Before the unit is connected to the water supply pipe, the supply line should be rinsed carefully in order to remove coarse impurities and metal shavings.
Minimum internal diameter of the supply hose must be at least 3/4” external.
The pressure loss in the supply line must be held as low as possible by
- avoiding long supply pipes
- mounting low pressure resistance ball valves and
- avoiding fittings with high pressure loss
Max. allowed temperature of supply water: 70°C (158F)
Max. allowed pressure of supply water: 40 bar (580 psi)
Water consumption at rinsing mode: 30 l/min (7.9 gpm).
For an optimum functioning of the injector system, we recommend installing a filter on the inlet to avoid impurities.
Always make sure sufficient water supply is available:
- The boosters and mainstations require a 2 bar (30 psi) dynamic inlet pressure. Not 2 bar (30 psi) against a closed ball valve, but 2 bar (30 psi) when the unit(s) is in operation and using water.
- The water volume available shall correspond to the number of simultaneous users+10%.
A customer wants a system for 6 simultaneous users, and they shall therefore supply minimum;
- 2 bar (30 psi) dynamic inlet pressure
- 6x 8 gpm = 181 l/min (48 gpm )+ 10% = 196 l/min (52 gpm)
Air connection Hybrid Typhoon
The unit have an internal air supply via a compressor.
No special actions are necessary before use.
Supply of Chemicals Hybrid Typhoon
Unit without User Pack System.
- Place the cans with chemical products in the can holder
- Check the suction filters for impurities.
- Put the suction hoses into the cans below product level and avoid suction of air.
- After pre-rinsing, check again that the hoses is sufficiently below product level and avoid suction of air during foam or spray operation.
- After use of and when changing product as well as after use of the unit, remove the hoses from the cans and rinse the product inlet lines and injectors with clean water.
Unit with User Pack System
- Place the specially designed User Pack in the automatic holder.
- If changing to a different product when ending the cleaning process, rinse the product inlet line with clean water as follows:
- Replace the User Pack containing product by one with clean water; place the foam nozzle and open the spray gun/outlet valve. The product inlet line is now rinsed with clean water before use of another product.
Hose connection Hybrid Typhoon
The special hose fitted with spray gun/outlet valve is connected to the outlet quick coupling of the unit (layout drawing).
Maximum hose length: 25 m.
It is recommended only to use Nilfisk FODD hoses, which have been tested for chemical resistance and general wear and tear.
Installation & mounting drawing Hybrid Typhoon